||[Aug. 8th, 2007|09:09 pm]
|||||Deine Schuld--Die Aertzte||]|
So I guess I should do a pre-con update? Yeah, I'm going to be at Anime Iowa, and I've got to say, I'm pumped. Still, I have lots of shit to get together before I do so. Let's see, I've got to get cheese, go to the ATM, finish putting the grommets in my White Mage dress and pack. I think I can handle that before noon tomorrow!
In fanfiction news (you can skip this if you're not interested), I need to post the pictures I took of the Sweetwater Cotton Mill, since I promised my readers they could see where Kenshin and Kaoru went to the fairy revel, and I need to write more. I'm so terrible at that.
Okay, now that that's over, I also have decided to gank a meme from Ali-sama, since I'm kind of bored. Apparently I'm supposed to list seven random facts, habits or trivia about myself, and technically, I'm supposed to tag seven people, but naaah, I'm lazy. So here's seven facts about me.
1. I'm really terrible at thinking stuff like this up! No, really. I hate talking about myself if I'm not given specific prompts, because I never know what to say, and I get self-conscious like "Gee, do I sound like a self-centered bitch?", which I know is not the case here, because Al Gore invented scroll buttons for a reason, but...
2. While I'm rather forward in real life, I tend to be shy and retiring on the internet, in a rather odd flip of what most people feel. Perhaps it's because I value my words far above my looks and worry about whether or not people are going to think I'm cool or not depending on them.
3. The only reason (aside from my health, but that doesn't seem likely...or money reasons, which is far more likely) that I would ever become vegetarian would be for ecological sustainability. I'm a huge foodie and love very little more than a nice, juicy, rare steak. I just don't eat it very often. However, because of years of eating virtually no processed foods (my parents are a great combo of foodie and hippy), fast food and even some restaurant food leaves me feeling queasy and gross. That being said, I adore Krispy Kreme blueberry crullers and Taco Bell, which somehow doesn't bother me at all.
4. I'm not big into the idea of "family", personally. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great if it works for the family members, but my family ain't all that cohesive. Nothing drastic or deadly, I just don't like them and they don't like me. I don't plan on spending a lot of time with them when I'm out of the house. Oh, and I really, really dislike children, especially my hell-spawn baby sister, so that didn't help.
5. I'm also not really into philosophy. My dad's a philosophy professor, so it could be linked to that, but with the exception of ethics, so much of it seems like intellectual wanking--which just means that it's not for me. I guess I'm just frustrated with the ivory tower he built for himself while ignoring the fact that he was dumping all the work of raising the kids and keeping the house on my mom. Maybe it's also a product of his age and the culture he was raised in, but it still pissed me off.
6. I hate being called by my full name, Patricia. It always makes me flinch and wonder why I'm in trouble.
7. Yaaay, this is the last one! Ohgod, what to put! Ummm...Ithinkgirlsandguysarehot.